It's Family Friday & we've come up with 5 fun things that you can do as a family to ensure some memorable quality time.
1. Plan a sunrise picnic! Scout out a great place to see the sunrise. Pack a delicious on the go breakfast the night before. Wake the kids up early, pack the kids in the car, and take a cruise to a beautiful setting to see the sunrise! This is bound to create a lasting memory and start your day off on a positive note!
2. Plan a family nature walk. Put together some topics of conversation, or items you can be on the lookout for! We love playing the animal alphabet game with our 6 & 3 years
old. A is for alligator, B is for buffalo & so on. If you've got older kids, talk about things that will get them thinking such as; what are they most excited about right now? How do they want to live when they grow up? Exercise, conversation, & nature is so great for the soul! You won't regret it.
3. Create a "Go-To" family playlist! We love Spotify. Once it's put together, crank up the tunes & have a dance party!
4. Take a drive! We live in such a beautiful place. We are blessed with the best scenic drives here in the PNW. Plan a day to cruise up to Mount Hood or out to Cannon Beach. Seek adventure!
5. Create a "This Is Us" family album, scrapbook, or journal. You can get super creative! There are electronic ways to do this too via VistaPrint or other platforms of that nature. Get everybody's input and take your time. Even if you just set aside an hour a week, it's surely something your kids will look forward to, & feel excited about continuing to do.
From all of the books, podcasts, & research we've done thus far on parenting, kids spell LOVE with the word T.I.M.E. Anytime we ask our oldest daughter Macy what she loved most about her day, she almost ALWAYS replies with "Spending time with my family." Warms the soul!
I hope this was helpful, or at least gave you some ideas to get your creative juices flowing on how you can make it a memorable weekend with your family.